Comprehensive HIV Prevention Programs for Health Departments
The summary for the Comprehensive HIV Prevention Programs for Health Departments grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Comprehensive HIV Prevention Programs for Health Departments: The purpose of this FOA is to support implementation of high impact, comprehensive HIV prevention programs to achieve maximum impact on reducing new HIV infections. In accordance with the NHAS, this FOA focuses on addressing the national HIV epidemic, reducing new infections, increasing access to care, improving health outcomes for people living with HIV, and promoting health equity. The aforementioned will be achieved by enhancing public health departments' capacities to increase HIV testing, refer and link HIV positive persons to medical care and other essential services, and increase program monitoring and accountability.
|Federal Grant Title:||Comprehensive HIV Prevention Programs for Health Departments|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS12-1201|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||HIV Prevention Activities_Health Department Based|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 14, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 14, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 30, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 20, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Oct 14, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,192,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||139|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility for this funding opportunity announcement is limited to health departments or their Bona Fide Agents. Community-based organizations (CBOs), for-profit entities, public non-profit, private non-profit, faith-based, and tribal organizations and colleges and universities are not eligible to apply for funding under this FOA. Please read the full announcement document under "Eligibility" for more information.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Secretarys Minority AIDS Initiative Funding for
- • Secretary’s Minority AIDS Initiative Funding to Increase HIV Prevention and Care Ser...
- • Health Department Demonstration Projects to Reduce HIV Infections and Improve Engagement i...
- • Health Department Demonstration Projects for Comprehensive Prevention, Care, Behavioral He...
- • Secretarys Minority AIDS Initiative Funding to Increase HIV Prevention and Care Service De...
- • Rapid Test Algorithms for Diagnosis of HIV Infection and Improved Linkage to Care
- • Expanded and Integrated Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Testing for Populations Disprop...
- • National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (U62)
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Supporting Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring to Scale up a...