Comprehensive Partnerships to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (Limited Competition U54)
The summary for the Comprehensive Partnerships to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (Limited Competition U54) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Comprehensive Partnerships to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (Limited Competition U54): Purpose. The National Cancer Institute (NCI) solicits cooperative agreement (U54) linked award applications for the implementation of Comprehensive Partnerships between institutions in racial/ethnic and/or underserved communities with cancer health disparities and NCI-designated Cancer Centers (or groups of Centers). The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA), formerly known as the Minority Institution/ Cancer Center Partnership (MI/CCP) program, is to foster and support intensive collaborations among these institutions in order to develop stronger national cancer programs aimed at understanding the reasons behind the significant cancer disparities and related impacts on racial and ethnic minority and socio-economically disadvantaged populations. This FOA is a limited competition solicitation intended for: (1) extending the support under the U54 mechanism for the best of the currently funded Comprehensive Partnerships [formerly known as Minority Institution/ Cancer Center Partnership (MI/CCP) program]; and (2) elevating to the full Comprehensive Partnership status the most promising partnerships currently in the planning/developing phase (supported by U56 awards under the former Cooperative Planning Grant for Comprehensive Minority Institution/ Cancer Center Partnership). Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the National Institutes of Health (NIH) specialized center cooperative agreement (U54) award. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NCI intends to commit approximately $5.25 million in total costs in FY10 to fund four (two pairs) or five (one pair and one triad) new and/or renewal applications in response to this FOA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Comprehensive Partnerships to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (Limited Competition U54)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-10-503|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 07, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 07, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Feb 16, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Feb 16, 2010|
|Archive Date:||May 08, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; NCI-designated Cancer Centers (or group of centers); and Other Minority-Serving Institutions (MSIs).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER [email protected]
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...