Congressionally Mandated - One-time Grants Program for Academic Programs
The summary for the Congressionally Mandated - One-time Grants Program for Academic Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Congressionally Mandated - One-time Grants Program for Academic Programs: This competition is one of two competitions that the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is conducting as directed in the Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2008 (Div.J, P.L. 110-161) under "Educational and Cultural Exchange Programs" in support of a $10 million competitive one-time grants program. Applications must be submitted by public and private non-profit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3). Total funding for this "one-time grants program" is $10 million. Of this amount, $5 million will be dedicated to this competition for Academic Programs. (A separate RFGP has been announced in the "Federal Register" for the remaining $5 million dedicated to Professional and Cultural Programs, reference number ECA/PE/C-08 One-time Comp. B.) Please note: The Bureau reserves the right to reallocate funds it has initially allocated to each of these two competitions, based on submissions received under each competition.
|Federal Grant Title:||Congressionally Mandated - One-time Grants Program for Academic Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ECA-A-08-ONE-TIME-COMP-A|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Not Elsewhere Classified|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 24, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 24, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Mar 28, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Apr 02, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Apr 25, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$225,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||19|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- Please see full announcement.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Please see full announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Hans Posey Program Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • CreateAdobeSYN
- • TEST-OPPORTUNITY
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do not submit
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do Not Submit!
- • Opportunity Notice for Partners to Assist NETL in Adapting CCSI Tool Set
- More Grants from the Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- • AFCP 2020 Large Grants Program
- • FY 2020 Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program (SEAYLP)
- • AFCP 2020 Small Grants Competition
- • FY2020 National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y)
- • FY 2020 Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars