Cooperative Agreements for Tribes and Tribal Organizations for Tobacco Prevention and Control
The summary for the Cooperative Agreements for Tribes and Tribal Organizations for Tobacco Prevention and Control grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cooperative Agreements for Tribes and Tribal Organizations for Tobacco Prevention and Control: CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a new funding opportunity entitled, Cooperative Agreements for Tribes and Tribal Organizations for Tobacco Prevention and Control. $1,700,000 will be available in FY2005 to fund four to six awards in Capacity program and three to five awards in Implementation Program. The purpose of the program is to support American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) tribes and tribal organizations to: 1) lead regional efforts to prevent and reduce the use of tobacco and exposure to secondhand smoke (capacity program) and; 2) conduct evaluation and implementation of culturally relevant and community competent tobacco control and prevention strategies for use with broader AI/AN populations in addition to continuing regional capacity building efforts (implementation program.) For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/AA066.htm. The estimated funding date is August 31, 2005.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cooperative Agreements for Tribes and Tribal Organizations for Tobacco Prevention and Control|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-AA066|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2005 Applications are due at 4pm Eastern|
|Posted Date:||Jul 15, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Jul 15, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Sep 14, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||11|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may be submitted by federally recognized AI/AN tribes and tribal organizations. Organizations must be incorporated for the primary purpose of improving AI/AN health and must represent such interests for the tribes or urban AI/AN populations located in its service region. An urban organization is defined as a non-profit corporate body situated in an urban center eligible for services under Title V of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act, PL 94-437, as amended.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section, Point of Contact, Phone 770-488-2700, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2