Coordinating Center for Barrett's Esophagus Translational Research Network (BETRNet)(U24)
The summary for the Coordinating Center for Barrett's Esophagus Translational Research Network (BETRNet)(U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Coordinating Center for Barrett's Esophagus Translational Research Network (BETRNet)(U24): This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) solicits applications for the Coordinating Center for the Barretts Esophagus Translational Research Network (BETRNet). The BETRNet is an NCI program established to address the rising incidence of esophageal adenocarcinoma in the United States and to energize this field of research. Specifically, the program seeks a better understanding of the biology of esophageal adenocarcinoma and its precursor lesion, Barretts esophagus, as the foundation for validated preventive measures that would improve patient management. BETRNet will include three to four multi-institutional trans-disciplinary Research Centers (to be supported by a companion FOA, RFA-CA-16-006) and a single Coordinating Center (to be supported by this FOA). The main function of the Coordinating Center is to integrate and facilitate trans-disciplinary research across the BETRNet program focusing on the following main areas: network interactions and collaborations, participation in the patient registry-virtual biorepository, and participation in cross-BETRNet pilot projects. A goal of the patient registry-virtual biorepository is to function as a centralized shared resource for the entire program to advance research in this area.
|Federal Grant Title:||Coordinating Center for Barrett's Esophagus Translational Research Network (BETRNet)(U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-16-007|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||319889, 319890, 319891, 319912|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research; Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research; Cancer Biology Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 23, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 23, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Mar 17, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Mar 17, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Jun 23, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Private institutions of higher education
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...