Coordination Center for Transdisciplinary Research in Energetics and Cancer (Limited Competition U01)
The summary for the Coordination Center for Transdisciplinary Research in Energetics and Cancer (Limited Competition U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Coordination Center for Transdisciplinary Research in Energetics and Cancer (Limited Competition U01): Purpose. This limited competition funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is part of a re-issued program on Transdisciplinary Research on Energetics and Cancer (TREC). TREC focuses on research in nutrition, physical activity, energy balance, obesity, and cancer ( http://cancercontrol.cancer.gov/trec/). The TREC program will support several Research Centers (applications solicited under a separate RFA, see below) and a Coordination Center. This FOA is a limited competition, which solicits a renewal application from the current Coordination Center awardee. The main goal for this Coordination Center is to support the TREC Research Centers, which fosters collaboration across multiple disciplines and encompasses projects that cover the biology, genomics, and genetics of energy balance to behavioral, socio-cultural, and environmental influences upon nutrition, physical activity, weight, energetics, and cancer risk. The coordination center will facilitate semi-annual meetings of the TREC Scientists, to develop training modules, and to evaluate progress. The TREC initiative has two goals: 1. Enhance knowledge of the current mechanisms underlying the association between energy balance and carcinogenesis (from animal models to genetics and genomics and across the cancer continuum from causation and prevention). 2. Explore and integrate the etiology of obesity behavior and relevant health behavior theories, with broad population impact at the social-environmental and policy levels for prevention and control of obesity, focusing on children, groups at high risk for obesity, and cancer survivors. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Cooperative Agreement Specialized Centers (U01) funding mechanism. This FOA is accompanied by a separate FOA (RFA-CA-10-006) utilizing a U54 funding mechanism to support TREC Research Centers. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. For this TREC Coordination Center FOA, the NCI has committed approximately $2 M in total costs for FY2010 and $10 M in total costs over a 5-year period. One Coordination Center will be funded.
|Federal Grant Title:||Coordination Center for Transdisciplinary Research in Energetics and Cancer (Limited Competition U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-10-501|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 26, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 26, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Dec 03, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Dec 03, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Mar 29, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...