Critical Fossil Resource Inventory and Protection-Kaiparowits Plateau, Utah
The summary for the Critical Fossil Resource Inventory and Protection-Kaiparowits Plateau, Utah grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Critical Fossil Resource Inventory and Protection-Kaiparowits Plateau, Utah: Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument is required by its monument management plan to actively inventory and manage the world-class vertebrate fossil resources found on the Kaiparowits Plateau. In particular, the last seven years have proven that the Kaiparowits contains numerous critical macrovertebrate sites that require immediate collection in order to preserve these highly significant heritage and scientific resources. Another three main target areas are seen as having high potential, but need field testing to confirm this. In addition, the BLM seeks to build models for resource distribution that can facilitate more effective Kaiparowits paleontological resource management. The objective of this project is to identify and record all critical fossil sites inside three targeted areas of highest concern and collect important specimens threatened with immediate loss.
|Federal Grant Title:||Critical Fossil Resource Inventory and Protection-Kaiparowits Plateau, Utah|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||UT-RFA-07-0003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cultural Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 30, 2007|
|Posted Date:||May 09, 2007|
|Creation Date:||May 09, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jun 29, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$90,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$90,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maria Gochis
Grants & Agreements Specialist
Phone 801-539-4178 email@example.com Maria Gochis, Grants Management Officer
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nevada Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM Utah Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-ES, Cultural and Paleontological Resource Managment Program
- • Wyoming Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-CO Preserving Cultural and Paleontological Resources on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Anasazi Heritage Center Book Store
- • Partnership for Traditional Cultural Property Evaluation
- • Powder Magazine Reuse in South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands