Delta Region Community Health Systems Development
The summary for the Delta Region Community Health Systems Development grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Delta Region Community Health Systems Development: This announcement solicits applications for the Delta Region Community Health Systems Development Cooperative Agreement. The purpose of this cooperative agreement is to enhance health care delivery in the Delta Region through intensive technical assistance to providers in select rural communities, including Critical Access Hospitals (CAH), small rural hospitals, Rural Health Clinics (RHC), and other healthcare organizations. In-depth and long-term assistance to a select number of identified communities in the Delta Region should be provided for, but is not limited to, the following: ? Improving hospital or clinic financial operations; ? Implementing quality improvement activities to promote the development of an evidence-based culture leading to improved health outcomes; ? Increasing use of telehealth to address gaps in clinical service delivery and improve access to care; ? Enhancing coordination of care; ? Strengthening the local health care system to improve population health; ? Providing social services to address broader socio-economic challenges faced by patients (e.g., housing, child care, energy assistance, access to healthy food, elderly support services, job training, etc.); ? Ensuring access to and availability of emergency medical services (EMS); ? Identifying workforce recruitment and retention resources targeted to rural communities; and ? Other areas to be determined in consultation with HRSA and the Delta Regional Authority (DRA) upon award of this cooperative agreement. Under this cooperative agreement, the awardee will work with a number of selected communities in the Delta Region to make in-depth health system enhancements through the provision of intensive technical assistance over multiple years. The awardee will implement a phased approach that: ? Selects a process for gathering the data to identify high need communities in the Delta Region, for HRSA and DRA determination of final selection; ? Conducts an objective community analysis and assessment of financial status, quality indicators, locally available human services and gaps, and locally available clinical services and gaps; ? Assesses how telehealth can help address the identified clinical service gaps and the availability of affordable broadband services; ? Develops a community assets and needs assessment; ? Develops and implements a strategic plan for the provision of technical assistance for the local hospital and other rural providers in the selected communities; ? Provides technical assistance based on the strategic plan for finance, quality, and telehealth and population health service coordination; and ? Evaluates the impact of the technical assistance.
|Federal Grant Title:||Delta Region Community Health Systems Development|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-17-117|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 14th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 14th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 15th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 14th, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include domestic public, private, and non-profit organizations, including tribes and tribal organizations, and faith-based and community-based organizations.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Rachel Moscato at (301)443-2724 or email RMoscato@hrsa.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Delta States Rural Development Network Grant Program
- • Rural Health Network Development Program
- • Rural Health Network Development Planning Program
- • Rural Communities Opioid Response Program - Medication-Assisted Treatment Expansion (RCORP...
- • Rural Maternity and Obstetrics Management Strategies Program
- • Rural Health Network Development Grant Program
- • Rural Health Network Development Planning Grant Program
- • RHND Grant Program
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care