Development of Advanced Genomic Characterization Technologies (R21)
The summary for the Development of Advanced Genomic Characterization Technologies (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Development of Advanced Genomic Characterization Technologies (R21): The National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) are soliciting applications for research projects to develop highly innovative and novel genomic analysis technologies to provide new insights and understanding into the role of genetic alterations in cancer. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is a component of The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA, http://cancergenome.nih.gov) Pilot Project recently announced by the NCI and the NHGRI. The overall aim of The Cancer Genome Atlas initiative is to accelerate the understanding of the molecular basis of cancer through the development and application of high resolution, high throughput genome analysis technologies in the study of human cancer. In addition, the TCGA Pilot Project is designed to assess the technical feasibility and clinical relevance of conducting a comprehensive analysis of genomic alterations found in human cancers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Development of Advanced Genomic Characterization Technologies (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-07-021|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Construction 93.393 Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 25, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Jun 14, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jun 14, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Sep 24, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.394 -- Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education City or township governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Independent school districts Special district governments Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) County governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...