Developmental Planning Grants for Muscular Dystrophy Research Centers
The summary for the Developmental Planning Grants for Muscular Dystrophy Research Centers grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Developmental Planning Grants for Muscular Dystrophy Research Centers: The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) and the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) seek developmental planning grant applications for the establishment of an infrastructure for eventual Muscular Dystrophy Cooperative Research Centers (MDCRCs). This initiative supports the planning of new or expansion of existing resources for future competitive MDCRCs. These planning grants will enable applicants to effectively organize and integrate multidisciplinary research capacities and core resources to enhance collaborations of basic, clinical, and behavioral science in muscular dystrophy research and to promote cross-disciplinary research training. Participation in this RFA will not itself be a factor in the review of any Center application. Investigators may respond to current (e.g., RFA AR03- 001) or future solicitations for center grant applications without first having participated in this developmental planning initiative. Investigators interested in applying for support of muscular dystrophy research using mechanisms other than centers or this developmental planning initiative should see NIH PAS01-041, "Therapeutic and Pathogenic Approaches for the Muscular Dystrophies" (http://www.niams.nih.gov/rtac/funding/grants/pa/pas_01_041.pdf).
|Federal Grant Title:||Developmental Planning Grants for Muscular Dystrophy Research Centers|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AR-03-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research 93.853 Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 24, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Nov 07, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Mar 26, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Mar 26, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.865 -- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...