Developmental Research in Cancer Prognosis and Prediction (R21)
The summary for the Developmental Research in Cancer Prognosis and Prediction (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Developmental Research in Cancer Prognosis and Prediction (R21): Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), issued by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH), encourages research applications from institutions and organizations to evaluate the utility and pilot the application of new strategies for determining prognosis or predicting response to therapy for cancer. The purpose of this FOA is to develop newly discovered biomarkers from initial correlative observations into assays or test systems suitable for use in clinical trials or other types of confirmatory clinical research studies. This program will provide tools whose purpose is to improve clinical decision-making in the care of cancer patients. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will use the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with a FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-09-159, that encourages applications under the Exploratory/Developmental Phase II Grant (R33) mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism, numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||Developmental Research in Cancer Prognosis and Prediction (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-09-158|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 07, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 14, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Apr 14, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • PDX Development and Trial Centers (PDTCs) (U54)
- • PDX Data Commons and Coordinating Center (PDCCC) for the PDX Development and Trial Centers...
- • Innovative Molecular and Cellular Analysis Technologies for Basic and Clinical Cancer Rese...
- • Advanced Development and Validation of Emerging Molecular and Cellular Analysis Technologi...
- • Innovative Technologies for Cancer-Relevant Biospecimen Science (R21)
- • Image-Guided Cancer Interventions (STTR [R41/R42])
- • An SBIR Initiative for Image-Guided Cancer Interventions (R43/R44)
- • In Vivo Cancer Imaging Exploratory/Developmental Grants
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Development of Multipurpose Prevention Technologies: A Strategy for the Prevention of Sexu...
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25)
- • PDX Development and Trial Centers (PDTCs) (U54)
- • Optimizing the HIV Care Continuum for Substance Abusing Populations at High-Risk and/or Li...
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K22)