Diet, Epigenetic Events, and Cancer Prevention
The summary for the Diet, Epigenetic Events, and Cancer Prevention grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Diet, Epigenetic Events, and Cancer Prevention: The NCI invites applications for new R01, R21, and R03 grants which are focused on research leading to the elucidation of mechanism(s) by which dietary factors influence epigenetic processes as well as increasing the understanding of these processes in cancer prevention. The objective is to encourage collaboration between nutrition and epigenetic experts to study bioactive food components with cancer preventative properties, and to examine key epigenetic events in cancer processes (i.e., carcinogen metabolism, cell division, differentiation, apoptosis) so that investigators can begin to establish linkages between epigenetics, methylation pattern, and tumor incidence/behavior. It is anticipated that the information gained will provide guidance for the development of dietary intervention strategies for cancer prevention.
|Federal Grant Title:||Diet, Epigenetic Events, and Cancer Prevention|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-04-099|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research 93.396 Cancer Biology Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Aug 16, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Aug 16, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Nov 02, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$137,500|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal government Foreign institutions are eligible to apply
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Webmaster, NIH, Webmaster, Phone not available, Fax not available, Email FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov Webmaster, NIH
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...