Disparities in Perinatal Health-Border, Alaska and Hawaii
The summary for the Disparities in Perinatal Health-Border, Alaska and Hawaii grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Disparities in Perinatal Health-Border, Alaska and Hawaii: Under this program, grants will be awarded to address significant disparities in perinatal health indicators in communities within 62 miles of the U.S. Mexico border or in Alaska and Hawaii. Communities must provide a scope of project services that will cover pregnancy and interconceptional phases for women and infants residing in the proposed project area. Services are to be given to both mother and infant for two years following delivery to promote longer interconceptional periods and prevent relapses of unhealthy risk behaviors.
|Federal Grant Title:||Disparities in Perinatal Health-Border, Alaska and Hawaii|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-11-018|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Healthy Start Initiative|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 04, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 04, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Dec 20, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Dec 20, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Apr 05, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,601,284|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- These competitions are open to new applicants and existing competing continuation* Healthy Start projects. Applicants for funding in these competitions under the Healthy Start Program must be public or non profit entities, including faith-based and community-based organizations, Indian tribes, or tribal organizations (the latter two as defined at 25 U.S.C. 450b). An eligible applicant must have both direct fiduciary and administrative responsibility over the project. A project area is defined as a geographic community in which the proposed services are to be implemented. A project area must represent a reasonable and logical catchment area, but the defined areas do not have to be contiguous. Communities are broadly defined so that multi-county projects serving racial/ethnic or other disparate groups (e.g., Hmongs, Native Americans, etc.) are eligible. Border communities are those communities located within 62 miles of the U.S./Mexican border.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced S...
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 1: Community-...
- • Promoting Preventive Health Services for Women
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 3: Leadership...
- • Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project
- • Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities
- • National Fetal and Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) Resource Center
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness
- • Frontier Community Health Integration Project Technical Assistance, Tracking, and Analysis...
- • Autism Transitions Research Project (ATRP)
- • Primary Care Medicine and Dentistry Clinician Educator Career Development Award
- • National Maternal and Child Center for Oral Health Systems Integration and Improvement