Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant Program
The summary for the Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant Program: The purpose of the Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant (DDRG) program is to enable doctoral candidates enrolled at institutions of higher education accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to complete their dissertations on policy-relevant housing and urban development issues.
|Federal Grant Title:||Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Education Housing Information and Statistics|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-5300-N-26|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Doctoral Dissertation Research Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 07, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 07, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jul 09, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jul 08, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 08, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Institutions of higher education accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education that sponsor doctoral students are eligible to apply. An institution can sponsor more than one doctoral student. Each student is responsible for the completion of his or her own application (with the assistance of the institution) and must meet the following program requirements: a. Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited doctoral program and either be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national (such as a person born in the Swains Island or American Samoa) within the meaning of 8 U.S.C. § 1408, or be a lawful permanent resident (recipient of an Alien Registration Recipient Card-Form I-551, commonly referred to as a Green Card) or other qualified alien (such as an alien who has been granted asylum or refugee status) within the meaning of 8 U.S.C. § 1651(b); b. By the application deadline date, the student's dissertation proposal/prospectus has been accepted by the full dissertation committee; c. The student will have an assigned dissertation advisor; and d. By September 1, 2009, the student will have satisfactorily completed all other written and oral doctoral degree requirements, including all examinations, except the dissertation.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Doctoral students may contact Susan Brunson, Office of University Partnerships at (202) 402-3852 or Sherone Ivey at (202) 402-4200. Persons with speech or hearing impairments may call the Federal Information Relay Service TTY at 800-877-8339. Except for the "800" number, these telephone numbers are not toll-free.
Contact person [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Early Doctoral Student Research Grant Program and Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant...
- • Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant Pro
- • Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant (DDRG)
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • 2019 Family Unification Program Notice of Funding Availability
- • Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities (Capital Advance)
- • Project Rental Assistance Program of Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disab...
- • Family Self-Sufficiency Program - Renewal
- • Resident Opportunity & Self-Sufficiency Program