Document Significant Fossil Localities within the Sharps Formation - BADL
The summary for the Document Significant Fossil Localities within the Sharps Formation - BADL grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Document Significant Fossil Localities within the Sharps Formation - BADL: This announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities without competition. This agreement will support a field team from Temple University - Of Commonwealth System of Higher Education to conduct an analysis of associated sediments and rare earth elements of fossil bone found in the Sharps Formation at Cedar Pass. The outcome will be the protection of fossil resources that are vulnerable to theft, erosion and vandalism. Rare earth elements analysis is used to finger print bone accumulations so that law enforement can prove a particular fossil has been collected from a certain locality. Develop detailed maps of the area and accessible to law enforcement and the resource management program at the park.
|Federal Grant Title:||Document Significant Fossil Localities within the Sharps Formation - BADL|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-NOIP19AC00134|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 25th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 25th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||April 16th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||April 16th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||May 25th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$40,476|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$40,476|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 16th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katherine S Borschel
Grants Management Specialist
Contact Via Email
- Similar Government Grants
- • Collaborating with Community to Restore a Prairie at Pinnacles National Park
- • Avian and Habitat Research, Monitoring, and Restoration at the Channel Islands
- • Threatened Western Snowy Plover Monitoring and Protection at Point Reyes National Seashore
- • Enhancing natural resource stewardship and science outreach in southern California Nationa...
- • Channel Islands National Park Annual Landbird Monitoring 2020-2023
- • Fund Arizona Fish and Game Department to Collect and Rear the Endangered Humpback Chub (Gi...
- • Appalachian Trail Atmospheric Deposition Effects Study
- • National Park Service - A Multi-Scale Program in Viriginia, Wst Virginia and Maryland to A...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area