Dynamic Health Assessments for Medical Rehabilitation Outcome
The summary for the Dynamic Health Assessments for Medical Rehabilitation Outcome grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Dynamic Health Assessments for Medical Rehabilitation Outcome: The National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research (NCMRR) at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) and the National Eye Institute (NEI) seek to fund health assessment research focused on disability concepts such as quality of life, health, functional and social interaction status for persons with disabilities. The goal of this Request for Applications (RFA) is to encourage multidisciplinary research on the measurement of the health of persons with disabilities utilizing techniques such as computer adaptive testing or simulations to improve the quality and scientific power of data. The planning grants invited through this RFA will provide a mechanism for early peer review of the rationale and design of the potential health assessments and collaborations, and will provide successful applicants with resources to assist in development of detailed health assessments. This approach may be useful in developing an assessment tool that could be used to diagnose or to document the impact of a rehabilitation intervention. This approach may result in a tool for better evaluating medical interventions at the impairment level and also lead to better understanding of the relationship between health challenges and disability concepts for individuals in widely differing circumstances. The purpose of the planning grant is to obtain detailed information on specific aspects of the proposed research. This may include organizing an effective research group, developing a theoretical perspective, utilizing a unique methodological approach and identifying or devising appropriate instruments. Involvement of representatives from the targeted patient populations in planning and conducting the research effort is highly recommended. A phase II initiative is anticipated that will implement the dynamic health assessment instrument in populations of interest.
|Federal Grant Title:||Dynamic Health Assessments for Medical Rehabilitation Outcome|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-02-024|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Vision Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 11, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Aug 28, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Apr 10, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Apr 10, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • NEI Research Grant for Vision-Related Secondary Data Analysis (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allo...
- • NEI Clinical Research Study Planning Grant Program (R34 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Limited Competition: NEI - DOD Vision Research Collaborative (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allow...
- • NEI Audacious Goals Initiative: Preliminary Studies for Translation-Enabling Models of the...
- • U.S. - India Collaborative Vision Research Program (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Nei Career Transition Award (K22)
- • NEI Translational Research Program On Therapy For Visual Disorders
- • NEI Clinical Study Planning Grant Program (R34)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...