Extramural Research Facilities Improvement Program
The summary for the Extramural Research Facilities Improvement Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Extramural Research Facilities Improvement Program: The National Center for Research Resources is authorized under Sections 481A and 481B of the Public Health Services Act, as amended by Sections 303 and 304 of Public Law (PL) 106-505, to "make grants or contracts to public and nonprofit private entities to expand, remodel, renovate, or alter existing research or animal facilities or construct new research or animal facilities." The facilities will be used for basic and clinical biomedical and behavioral research and research training. In collaboration with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), NCRR also encourages applications for major alteration and renovation (A and R) projects that support the NIAID biodefense and emerging infectious diseases research agenda. Activities that may be supported include major alteration and renovation of existing biosafety level-3 (BSL-3) laboratory/vivarium space, and the upgrade of BSL-2 laboratory/vivarium space to BSL-3 space in existing buildings. Extensions to existing buildings will be considered. The minimum project size must be 5,000 gross square feet. Biosafety level-2/3 A and R improvement projects that include Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and biodefense-related aerobiology capabilities are encouraged. These biodefense applications will not count toward the limit of two traditional C06 applications per institution. Approximately 6-12 NIAID funded biodefense awards will be made in FY 2005 ($4 million maximum award). This grant mechanism may not be used for the purchase of stand alone equipment that does not include an alteration, renovation or new construction project component.
|Federal Grant Title:||Extramural Research Facilities Improvement Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-04-122|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Infrastructure|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Aug 11, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Aug 11, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Jan 15, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Basic Mechanisms of Brain Development Mediating Substance Use and Dependence (R01)
- • Discovering Novel Targets: The Molecular Genetics of Drug Addiction and Related Co-Morbidi...
- • NINDS Exploratory Clinical Trials (R01)
- • Reducing Overscreening for Breast, Cervical, and Colorectal Cancers among Older Adults (R0...
- • Targeted basic behavioral and social science and intervention development for HIV preventi...