Early Detection Research Network: Data Management and Coordinating Center and Statistics and Biomarker Resource Center (U24)
The summary for the Early Detection Research Network: Data Management and Coordinating Center and Statistics and Biomarker Resource Center (U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Early Detection Research Network: Data Management and Coordinating Center and Statistics and Biomarker Resource Center (U24): Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) solicits cooperative agreement applications for a Data Management and Coordinating Center (DMCC) and a Statistics and Biomarker Resource Center (SBRC) as components of the Early Detection Research Network (EDRN). EDRN is a national consortium funded to discover, develop, and validate biomarkers for early cancer detection, risk assessment and the molecular diagnosis and prognosis of early cancer. Statistical and informatics activities for the EDRN are divided between the DMCC and the SBRC, as follows. The DMCC supports statistical and computational analysis, data management and protocol development, and informatics infrastructure and coordinates network-wide meetings and conferences. Its responsibilities are: (1) Network Coordination, (2) Data Management and Protocol Development, (3) Theoretical and Applied Statistical Research, and (4) Validation Infrastructure and Services. The SBRC is responsible for providing statistical services and consultation to EDRN investigators on study design and protocol development of individual EDRN studies and functions as the content management center for the EDRN biomarker knowledgebase. The other three main components of the EDRN are the Biomarker Developmental Laboratories (BDLs), the Clinical Validation Centers (CVCs), and the Biomarker Reference Laboratories (BRLs). Mechanism of Support. This FOA utilizes the NIH Cooperative Agreement (U24) award mechanism. Parallel FOAs for other EDRN components include RFA-CA-09-017 (U01) for BDLs, RFA-CA-09-018 (U01) for CVCs, and RFA-CA-09-019 (U24) for BRLs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Early Detection Research Network: Data Management and Coordinating Center and Statistics and Biomarker Resource Center (U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-09-020|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 29, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 29, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jul 24, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jul 24, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Nov 29, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER [email protected]
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...