Elsi Small Grant Research Program (R03)
The summary for the Elsi Small Grant Research Program (R03) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Elsi Small Grant Research Program (R03): This PA is designed to solicit research projects that anticipate, analyze and address the ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) of the discovery and use of new information and technologies resulting from human genetic and genomic research. Of particular interest are studies that examine issues and, where appropriate, develop policy options in the following areas: 1) intellectual property issues surrounding access to and use of genetic information; 2) the ethical, legal and social factors that influence the translation of genetic information to improved human health; 3) the issues surrounding the conduct of genetic and genomic research; 4) the use of genetic and genomic information and technologies in non health care settings; 5) the impact of genetics and genomics on concepts of race, ethnicity, kinship and individual and group identity; 6)the implications, for both individuals and society, of uncovering genetic and genomic contributions to not only disease, but also normal human traits and behaviors; and 7) how different individuals, cultures and religious traditions view the ethical boundaries for the uses of genetics and genomics. This Small Grant PA, which is limited to applications requesting up to $50,000 in direct costs per year for no more than two years, makes use of a streamlined application process and is designed to encourage the development of small, focused research projects by legal, historical, ethics and social sciences scholars whose analytical style of inquiry often has not been adequately encouraged or supported by the more traditional NIH R01 application process. It is also designed to support smaller exploratory studies that may provide preliminary findings or pilot data for larger research proposals in all research areas of interest. Applications requesting more than $50,000 in direct costs should be submitted under the ELSI Regular Research Grant (R01) PA, PA-04-050: ELSI Regular Research Program (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-04-050.html).
|Federal Grant Title:||Elsi Small Grant Research Program (R03)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-04-051|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biological Response to Environmental Health Hazards 93.115 Biometry and Risk Estimation_Health Risks from Environmental Exposures|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jan 20, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jan 20, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Jan 31, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.172 -- Human Genome Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...