Emerging Infectious Disease Detection in the Veterinary Public Health Sector in India
The summary for the Emerging Infectious Disease Detection in the Veterinary Public Health Sector in India grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Emerging Infectious Disease Detection in the Veterinary Public Health Sector in India: The purpose of this FOA is to support capacity enhancement to detect etiologies of emerging infectious diseases in the veterinary public health sector in India and strengthen existing capacity of Central, State and District level laboratories in the country. Through improved diagnostics, bio-safety measures, and quality testing as well as an increased awareness of new and emerging diseases in India, the veterinary public health labs and epidemiologists will have the capacity to detect and control public health diseases with the potential to transmit from animals to humans.
|Federal Grant Title:||Emerging Infectious Disease Detection in the Veterinary Public Health Sector in India|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GH-14-004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 28, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 28, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Feb 4, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Feb 4, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Apr 27, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants
1. Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, INDIA, is the sole eligible organization.
2. Foreign Organizations
The IVRI is the sole organization eligible to apply. As a Foreign Organization, the IVRI is subject to the policies noted below.
- Grant Announcement Contact
Procurement and Grants Office
Techincal Information Management Office
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 404-498-2015
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2