Enhancing Developmental Biology Research at Undergraduate Institutions (R15)
The summary for the Enhancing Developmental Biology Research at Undergraduate Institutions (R15) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Enhancing Developmental Biology Research at Undergraduate Institutions (R15): -Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is intended to stimulate research in fundamental aspects of developmental biology at educational institutions that provide baccalaureate or advanced degrees, but that have not been major recipients of NIH support. In order to ensure that the field of developmental biology will attract the best and brightest minds, potential students need to be exposed to the excitement of the research enterprise at an early stage in their training. These AREA grants are intended to support small-scale developmental biology research projects proposed by faculty members of eligible, domestic institutions including many small primarily undergraduate and historically minority institutions. The intention is to create research opportunities for developmental biologists who otherwise would be unlikely to participate in NIH-funded research. Goals of this FOA are to strengthen the developmental biology research environment at the grantee institutions, foster the development of novel or underutilized experimental model systems, and to motivate students through exposure and participation in research related to NICHD s goal of understanding the etiology of structural birth defects. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA) R15 award mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Numbe
|Federal Grant Title:||Enhancing Developmental Biology Research at Undergraduate Institutions (R15)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-07-021|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 16, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Oct 02, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Oct 02, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Mar 17, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R03 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Womens Reproductive Health Research (WRHR) Career Development Program (K12 Clinical Trial ...
- • Non-invasive Diagnostics to Improve Gynecologic Health (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Phase II Small Business Technology Transfer Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Reproductive Genetics and Epigenetics
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...