Enhancing Linkages to HIV Primary Care in Jail Settings (Sites)
The summary for the Enhancing Linkages to HIV Primary Care in Jail Settings (Sites) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Enhancing Linkages to HIV Primary Care in Jail Settings (Sites): The purpose of this initiative will be to fund demonstration sites to implement and evaluate innovative methods for providing care and treatment to HIV positive individuals in jail settings who are returning to their communities, locally as well as in a multi-site study. Individuals who are disproportionately affected by high rates of infectious diseases and adverse social conditions often cycle through jail and prison systems for various offenses, including drug related and sex offenses. Both behaviors place individuals at risk for contracting HIV disease. It is estimated that over one-quarter of all HIV-infected individuals in the U.S. pass through the correctional system each year, potentially providing a barrier to accessing HIV care and causing interruptions to those already in care. Demonstration projects will identify HIV-infected individuals in jails and provide appropriate assistance with transitioning to the community for HIV primary care and social support services.
|Federal Grant Title:||Enhancing Linkages to HIV Primary Care in Jail Settings (Sites)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-07-031|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Special Projects of National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 30, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Dec 14, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 15, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jun 27, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Institutions of higher education, state and local governments and other public or private non-profit entities. Non-profit public and private entities, including faith-based and community-based organizations with experience with HIV primary health care as well as corrections based health care and services.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
CallCenter@HRSA.GOV Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email
- Similar Government Grants
- • Strengthening Systems of Care for People Living with HIV and Opioid Use Disorder
- • Enhancing Linkage of STI and HIV Surveillance Data in the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWH...
- • Capacity Building in the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program to Support Innovative Program Model R...
- • Improving Sexually Transmitted Infection Screening and Treatment among People Living with ...
- • Evidence-Informed Approaches to Improving Health Outcomes for People Living with HIV
- • A Physician Delivered Intervention for HIV Positive Patients in Clinical Care: The OPTIONS...
- • SPNS Oral Health Initiative
- • SPNS Evaluation and Support Center for an Initiative on Enhancing Linkages to HIV Primary ...
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care