Exfoliated Cells, Bioactive Food Components, and Cancer
The summary for the Exfoliated Cells, Bioactive Food Components, and Cancer grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Exfoliated Cells, Bioactive Food Components, and Cancer: The National Cancer Institute (NCI) invites applications for new R01, R21, and R03 grants which focus on research to critically evaluate the use of exfoliated cells to monitor the physiological effects of dietary bioactive food components thought to be involved with cancer prevention. The objective is to encourage interdisciplinary collaborations between scientists engaged in research using exfoliated cells and those conducting nutrition research related to cancer prevention. This research will help determine the utility of exfoliated cells as a model system to monitor both the absorption and retention of bioactive food components and the concomitant alterations in genomic and epigenetic events that occur in intact cells.
|Federal Grant Title:||Exfoliated Cells, Bioactive Food Components, and Cancer|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-04-114|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research 93.399 Cancer Control|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jun 21, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Dec 19, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 03, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education County governments City or township governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities State governments Special district governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Independent school districts Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...