Expansion of Surveillance, Care, and Prevention Activities for HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Diseases in the Republic of Zimbabwe under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
The summary for the Expansion of Surveillance, Care, and Prevention Activities for HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Diseases in the Republic of Zimbabwe under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Expansion of Surveillance, Care, and Prevention Activities for HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Diseases in the Republic of Zimbabwe under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief: Secretarys Forecast Summary CDC-RFA-PS06-640 CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a new funding opportunity entitled, "Expansion of Surveillance, Care and Prevention Activities for HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Diseases in the Republic of Zimbabwe under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief." $500,000 will be available in FY2006 to fund one award to the Ministry of Health and Child Welfare (MOHCW) of the Government of Zimbabwe to improve and expand HIV/AIDS surveillance, care, and prevention capacity and activities in Zimbabwe. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/FOAs.htm. The estimated funding date is September 15, 2006.
|Federal Grant Title:||Expansion of Surveillance, Care, and Prevention Activities for HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Diseases in the Republic of Zimbabwe under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS06-640|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||GLOBAL AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 28, 2006 Applications must be received in the|
|Posted Date:||Aug 08, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Aug 08, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Sep 27, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Only the Ministry of Health and Child Welfare of the Government of Zimbabwe may submit applications. No other applications are solicited. The Zimbabwean Ministry of Health and Child Welfare is the only appropriate and qualified organization to fulfill the requirements set forth in this announcement, for the following reasons: 1. The Ministry of Health and Child Welfare is uniquely positioned, in terms of constitutional authority, mandate and ability to oversee and safeguard public health in Zimbabwe, and to collect and analyze information and disseminate surveillance and health-system performance reports related to the prevalence and incidence of HIV/AIDS, HIV/AIDS-related conditions and other health issues. 2. The Zimbabwean Ministry of Health and Child Welfare has in place the central, Provincial and District-based structures required to engage immediately in the activities listed in this announcement. 3. The Zimbabwean Ministry of Health and Child Welfare is directly responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of population-based HIV/AIDS prevention and care policies and interventions.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Phone 770-488-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org CDC Procurements and Grants Office
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2