Exploratory Center Grants for Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research
The summary for the Exploratory Center Grants for Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Exploratory Center Grants for Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research: The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) invites applications for P20 Exploratory Grants that will support multi- investigator teams to conduct research using human embryonic stem cells (HESC). The purpose of this RFA is to encourage and enable basic biologists with little or no prior HESC experience to work with HESC and establish the utility of HESC as a model system by: 1) supporting the development of an institutional infrastructure for research using HESC; 2) encouraging research on the growth and maintenance requirements of HESC; 3) identifying biochemical and molecular markers of HESC; 4) stimulating research that will lead to a better understanding of the unique properties of HESC; and 5) supporting pilot projects that exploit the advantages of HESC as a model system to further the study of fundamental research problems. The source of HESC will be limited to federally approved stem cell lines listed on the NIH Human Embryonic Stem Cell Registry, which can be found at http://escr.nih.gov.
|Federal Grant Title:||Exploratory Center Grants for Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GM-03-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 13, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Oct 21, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Apr 12, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Apr 12, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [email protected] NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...