Extension Integrated Pest Management - Coordination and Support Program
The summary for the Extension Integrated Pest Management - Coordination and Support Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Extension Integrated Pest Management - Coordination and Support Program: The FY 2010 Extension Integrated Pest Management Coordination and Support Program (EIPM-CS) contains two components, EIPM-CS Coordination and EIPM-CS Support. Both components support state and local contributions in advancing the goals of the National Road Map for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) by addressing priority needs associated with the coordination, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of extension IPM programs. EIPM-CS funds will help agricultural producers and other pest managers adopt alternative pest management practices through training, demonstration, and evaluation of methods and strategies. All EIPM-CS efforts are intended to contribute to the achievement of national IPM goals through the demonstration and evaluation of IPM practices in production agriculture and other settings. Awards strengthen the ability of NIFA and its IPM partner institutions to actively address local, state, and national IPM needs delivered through the Cooperative Extension Services and rapidly respond to new issues and opportunities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Extension Integrated Pest Management - Coordination and Support Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Employment Labor and Training Environment Food and Nutrition Health Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-SLBCD-002674|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Extension Service|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 14, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 14, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Nov 09, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Nov 09, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 13, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$8,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||75|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Only 1862 and 1890 land-grant universities and colleges, including Tuskegee University and West Virginia State University, and the University of the District of Columbia are eligible to apply. Award recipients may subcontract to organizations not eligible to apply provided such organizations are necessary for the conduct of the project. An applicant's failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the time of an application deadline will result in NIFA not accepting the application, or even though an application may be reviewed, will preclude NIFA from making an award.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET.
NIFA Help Desk [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Farm and Ranch Stress Assistance Network
- • Military Families Learning Network
- • Youth Support and Internship Program (YSIP)
- • National Food and Agricultural Sciences Teaching, Extension, and Research Awards
- • New Technologies for Ag Extension
- • New Technologies for Ag Extension Program
- • Iraq Agricultural Extension Revitalization Project
- • Assistive Technology Program for Farmers with Disabilities: State and Regional AgrAbility ...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program
- • Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA
- • Distance Education Grants Program for Institutions of Higher Education in Insular Areas (D...
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Pre-Applications