FRA R&D - Track and Structures
The summary for the FRA R&D - Track and Structures grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the DOT Federal Railroad Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FRA R&D - Track and Structures: The purpose of the grant is the demonstration and deployment of an innovative technique for an effective Measurement of Track Vertical Modulus from a Moving Railcar, with the potential to contribute to railroad track safety and FRA?s safety mission, and the realization of the agency?s R&D investment. It consists of an integrated package of hardware, including a computer system, twin lasers, GPS unit and high-speed camera all mounted beneath a modified train car. As the train moves, the package records specific measurements of the vertical movement of the track, which provide a good indication of track integrity. Implementation of this technology on FRA Railcar would encourage railroads to deploy this new technology, to improve both safety and economy of operation by scheduling proactive remedial work for track vertical strength as appropriate.
|Federal Grant Title:||FRA R&D - Track and Structures|
|Federal Agency Name:||DOT Federal Railroad Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-RRD-11-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Railroad Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 08, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 08, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Mar 07, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Mar 07, 2011|
|Archive Date:||May 08, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$546,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Only the Board of Regents, University of Nebraska-Lincoln can apply to this grant.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grantsolutions help desk Phone Number: 1-866-577-0771 Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Timehelp@grantsolutions.gov
Grantsolutions help desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY16 Rail Safety Innovations Deserving Exploratory Analysis (IDEA) Co-operative Research P...
- • FY15 Supplemental for Studies of Friction, Rolling Contact Fatigue and Wear in Rails and W...
- • FY15 Supplemental for Evaluation of Wheel/Rail Contact Mechanics, VT
- • FY15 Countermeasures to Reduce Suicides on Railroad Rights of Way
- • FY15 Evaluate Loading and Unloading Operations for Sulphuric Acid Rail Tank Cars
- • Broad Agency Announcement for Demonstration Projects and Technology Advancements for Railr...
- More Grants from the DOT Federal Railroad Administration
- • FY16 Highway-railroad Grade Crossing Safety Education and Enforcement Program, OLI
- • FY16 Supplemental ttto Birmingham-Montgomery-Mobile Intercity Passenger Rail Feasibility S...
- • FY 2017 Positive Train Control Grant Funds
- • FY16 Supplemental to Northeast Corridor Infrastructure and Operations Advisory Commission
- • FY16 Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Photographic Education Program Development in Orlando, FL