The summary for the FW-R9-NWI-Mapping grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FW-R9-NWI-Mapping: The US Fish and Wildlife Service, National Wetlands Program intends to award the Association of State Wetlands Managers (ASWM) a single source award for holding two workshops of importance to the Service, through this Grant. The first workshop, the ASWM annual State/Tribal/Federal coordination workshop will focus on implementation of the Clean Water Act programs and specifically the Section 404 dredge and fill permitting program as well as to highlight opportunities and challenges and identify best practices for creating and using wetland maps in a GIS environment; two topics for which the Service has legislative responsibilities and keen interest, will attend, make presentations, and hold discussions with participants. The second workshop, Assessment and Valuation of Floodplain natural Functions and Nonstructural Flood Loss Reduction Workshop, is a topic of importance to the Service in its role as the support to the DOI representative to an administration task force. The Service will attend, participate in, work with other Federal agencies to support, and use materials resulting from the workshop. The grant will also support the ASWM for further development of the Wetlands Mapping Consortium, a national forum sponsored by ASWM, needed for wetland map developers and users to work together to test and refine new approaches, share information and ensure that new wetland mapping projects are designed to meet the FCDC wetland mapping standard, which directly support the Service's legislative mandates and the National Wetlands Inventory's Strategic and Action Plans. NWI and stakeholders participate in the Consortium. Service funds will supplement those provided by the ASWM and others for these activities.
|Federal Grant Title:||FW-R9-NWI-Mapping|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FW-R9-NWI-MAPPING|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 05, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 05, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 29, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 29, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Sep 04, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$45,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$45,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$45,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This opportunity is not a request for applications. The determination not to compete is based on Departmental policy (505 DM 2.14, B). [4 - Unique Qualifications] and is within the discretion of the Agency. See Notice of Intent justification under full announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jo Ann Mills Phone 703-358-2161
Click here to email the Agency Contact [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Sigma 2017 Conclave
- • Panther Prey Research
- • Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)
- • Opportunity FWS-08-RO-649-001
- • Opportunity FWS-08-CGSRE-001
- • Fish and Wildlife Service, CESU Sole-Source Task Agreements under 505 DM 2.14 (4) - Unique...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • IA FSM Survey
- • State of Michigan Statewide Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leuocepholus) Productivity Flight Surve...
- • Conservation Assessment and Mapping Products for Rio Grande Fishes
- • Climate Commons and Central Valley Landscape Conservation Project
- • Youth Engagement, Education, and Employment Programs