FY 2005 OVC Public Awareness in Underserved Communities
The summary for the FY 2005 OVC Public Awareness in Underserved Communities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Justice Programs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2005 OVC Public Awareness in Underserved Communities: The purpose of the cooperative agreement is to support the planning and development of victimization-focused public awareness campaigns designed to reach populations in the local community who are typically underserved due to recent immigrant status or limited English proficiency. Victim service organizations will work in partnership with ethnic media (radio, print, television) as well as faith- and/or community-based organizations to produce linguistically and culturally appropriate public awareness campaigns on one or more victimization issues. OVC invites applications from non-profit organizations, including faith- and community-based organizations, and public agencies that can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the victimization issue or issues to be highlighted in the public awareness campaign as well as experience in the provision of victim services and advocacy. A private non-profit organization does not need to have 501(c)3 status to apply for grant funding under this solicitation. The project should focus on disseminating information on victims rights and services, not on crime prevention efforts. Up to 10 awards will be given ranging from $25,000-75,000. Larger awards will go to urban areas demonstrating high levels of need.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2005 OVC Public Awareness in Underserved Communities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Justice Programs|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services Income Security and Social Services Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DOJ-GRANTS-030205-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Crime Victim Assistance/Discretionary Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 14, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Mar 02, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Mar 02, 2005|
|Archive Date:||May 14, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Helpdesk, GMS, GMS Helpdesk, Phone 888-549-9901, Email [email protected] [email protected] Helpdesk, GMS
- Similar Government Grants
- • OVC FY 2019 Field-Generated Solutions for Tribal & Non-Tribal Communities to Improve Servi...
- • OVC FY 2019 Transforming America's Response to Elder Abuse: Mobilizing Attorneys for Older...
- • OVC FY 2019 Transforming America's Response to Elder Abuse: Enhanced Multidisciplinary Tea...
- • OVC FY 2019 Discretionary Training and Technical Assistance Program for VOCA Victim Assist...
- • OVC FY 2019 Enhancing Community Responses to the Opioid Crisis: Serving Our Youngest Crime...
- • FY 2005 OVC Action Partnerships with Membership and Professional Organizations
- • FY 04 OVC State Victim Assistance Academy Initiative
- • FY 2005 OVC Helping Outreach Programs to Expand II Cooperative Agreement
- More Grants from the Office of Justice Programs
- • National Center for Building Community Trust and Justice: Improving the Justice System by ...
- • FY 2014 U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • OJJDP FY 16 Practitioner-Researcher Partnership in Cognitive Behavioral Mentoring Program
- • OJJDP FY 16 Juvenile Drug Courts Training and Technical Assistance Program