FY 2008 Funding Opportunity Announcement for PRM Programs that Target Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence (GBV)
The summary for the FY 2008 Funding Opportunity Announcement for PRM Programs that Target Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence (GBV) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2008 Funding Opportunity Announcement for PRM Programs that Target Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence (GBV): Limited funding is available through the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) to support overseas assistance programs to address gender-based violence (GBV), including sexual abuse and exploitation, amongst refugees and refugee returnees, in a manner that respects the dignity of the individual and culture in which s/he lives. Applicants should bear in mind that PRM's central mandate is to provide assistance to refugees and returnees. Priority activities, countries, and populations are included in the full announcement. While other vulnerable populations are also of vital concern, applicants must clearly show how they are benefiting PRM's primary target population. Please read the guidelines carefully. Proposals that do not meet the requirements outlined in these guidelines will not be considered. Priority will be given to proposals from organizations that can demonstrate: (1) A proven track record in providing assistance in dealing with prevention and response to GBV and an established presence in the countries for which they are submitting proposals; (2) Appropriate targeting of beneficiaries in coordination with UNHCR and other relevant organizations, as well as the relevant government(s);(3) A working relationship with UNHCR and 2008 UNHCR funding and/or support for the proposed activities and/or overall country program; and(4) Evidence of coordination with development organizations, when applicable, and a well-developed transition strategy.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2008 Funding Opportunity Announcement for PRM Programs that Target Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence (GBV)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PRM-SGP-08-CA-001-GL-032708|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Overseas Refugee Assistance Programs for Strategic Global Priorities|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 30, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 30, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Mar 27, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Mar 27, 2008|
|Archive Date:||May 30, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Prevention of and response to gender-based violence among PRM beneficiary populations. Responses from International Organizations to this announcement will be subject to established PRM authorities and procedures for voluntary contributions to International Organizations.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- (1) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with IRS, other than institutions of higher education; and (2) International Organizations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Shanna Devoy Program Analyst Phone 202 663-1476
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2017 Request for PRM Humanitarian Research Concept Notes
- • FY 2016 Request for PRM Humanitarian Research Concept Notes
- • FY 2016 Annual Program Statement requesting Concept Notes for Global Innovation Programs t...
- • FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Global Innovation Programs to Help the Humanitar...
- • FY 2015 Request for Research Concept Notes to Strengthen Evidence-Based Humanitarian Decis...
- • FY 2006 PRM Guidelines for Strategic Global Priorities Projects
- • FY 2006 PRM Guidelines for Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence
- • PRM Programs to Advance Refugee Protection and the Use of Standards and Indicators in Comp...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration
- • FY 2017 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefiting: Malian Refugees in Burk...
- • FY 2017 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting refugees in Ethiopia and...
- • FY 2017 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting refugees in Rwanda, Tanz...
- • FY 2017 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting refugees in South Sudan
- • FY 2017 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting refugees in Chad and Cam...