FY 2011 Planning and Local Technical Assistance Programs Opportunity
The summary for the FY 2011 Planning and Local Technical Assistance Programs Opportunity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Economic Development Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2011 Planning and Local Technical Assistance Programs Opportunity: Pursuant to PWEDA, EDA announces general policies and application procedures for grant-based investments under the Planning and Local Technical Assistance Programs. These programs will help communities develop the planning and technical expertise to support communities and regions in their comprehensive, entrepreneurial, and innovation-based economic development efforts. Resulting in increased private investment and higher-skill, higher-wage jobs in areas experiencing substantial and persistent economic distress, these programs are designed to enhance the competitiveness of regions. EDA's Planning and Local Technical Assistance Programs are two of the six economic development assistance programs the agency operates under PWEDA. Under the Planning Program, EDA provides assistance to eligible recipients to create regional economic development plans in order to stimulate and guide the economic development efforts of a community or region. EDA's Local Technical Assistance Program helps eligible recipients fill the knowledge and information gaps that may prevent leaders in the public and nonprofit sectors in economically distressed regions from making optimal decisions on local economic development issues. Please see the FY2011 Planning and Local Technical Assistance Federal Funding Opportunity (FFO), to which a link is provided below, for more information on the programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2011 Planning and Local Technical Assistance Programs Opportunity|
|Federal Agency Name:||Economic Development Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Other Regional Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EDA11242010PAT|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Economic Development_Support for Planning Organizations|
|Current Application Deadline:||Applications are accepted on a continuing basis an|
|Original Application Deadline:||Applications are accepted on a continuing basis an|
|Posted Date:||Nov 24, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Nov 24, 2010|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- EDA's mission is to lead the Federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. In implementing this mission pursuant to the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended (42 U.S.C. § 3121 et seq.) (PWEDA), EDA advances economic growth by assisting communities and regions experiencing chronic high unemployment and low per capita income to create an environment that fosters innovation, promotes entrepreneurship, and attracts increased private capital investment. Under this announcement, EDA solicits applications for the Planning and Local Technical Assistance Programs authorized under PWEDA. Please note that EDA published a separate FFO dated October 14, 2010, for its Public Works, Economic Adjustment Assistance, and Global Climate Change Mitigation Incentive Fund (GCCMIF) Programs, which can be accessed on EDA's website at http://www.eda.gov/InvestmentsGrants/FFON.xml.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Pursuant to PWEDA, eligible applicants for and eligible recipients of investment assistance include a(n): (1) District Organization; (2) Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes; (3) State, city or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions; (4) institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education; or (5) public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State. See section 3 of PWEDA (42 U.S.C. § 3122) and 13 C.F.R. § 300.3. EDA is not authorized to provide grants directly to individuals or to for-profit entities seeking to start or expand a private business. Such requests may be referred to State or local agencies, or to non-profit economic development organizations serving the region in which the project will be located.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lindsey Pangretic
[email protected] [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • EDA Seattle FY 2016-FY 2019 Planning Program and Local Technical Assistance Program
- • EDA Denver FY 2016-FY 2019 Planning Program and Local Technical Assistance Program
- • EDA Chicago FY 2016-FY 2019 Planning Program and Local Technical Assistance Program
- • EDA Austin FY 2016-FY 2019 Planning Program and Local Technical Assistance Program
- • EDA Atlanta FY 2016-FY 2019 Planning Program and Local Technical Assistance Program
- • Planning Program and Local Technical Assistance Program
- • FY 2016 - FY 2019 EDA Planning Program and Local Technical Assistance Program
- • EDA Philadelphia FY 2016-FY 2019 Planning Program and Local Technical Assistance Program
- More Grants from the Economic Development Administration
- • FY 2020 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
- • FY 2019 EDA Disaster Supplemental
- • FY 2018 Economic Development Assistance Programs. Application submission and program requi...
- • FY 2018 EDA Disaster Supplemental
- • FY 2017 Economic Development Assistance Programs Application submission and program requir...