FY 2012 - 2013 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
The summary for the FY 2012 - 2013 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2012 - 2013 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA): The purpose of this notice is to request applications for special projects and programs associated with NOAA's strategic plan and mission goals, as well as to provide the general public with information and guidelines on how NOAA will select proposals and administer discretionary Federal assistance under this Broad Agency Announcement (BAA). This BAA is a mechanism to encourage research, education and outreach, innovative projects, or sponsorships that are not addressed through our competitive discretionary programs. It is not a mechanism for awarding congressionally directed funds or existing funded awards. Funding for potential projects in this notice is contingent upon the availability of Fiscal Year 2012, Fiscal Year 2013 and Fiscal Year 2014 appropriations. Applicants are hereby given notice that funds have not yet been appropriated for any potential activities in this notice. Publication of this announcement does not oblige NOAA to review an application, or to award any specific project, or to obligate any available funds.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2012 - 2013 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NFA-NFAPO-2012-2003133|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Congressionally Identified Awards and Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 30, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 30, 2013|
|Posted Date:||December 1st, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Dec 01, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Oct 30, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants may be institutions of higher education, nonprofits, commercial organizations, international or foreign organizations or governments, individuals, state, local and Indian tribal governments. Eligibility also depends on the statutory authority that permits NOAA to fund the proposed activity. Refer to the CFDA in order to determine an applicant's eligibility. If the applicant is a university that has a NOAA Joint or Cooperative Institute (CI), the institution is encouraged to submit an application that will be associated with the CI. The application must specify the name of the CI, its most recent award number, and the NOAA-approved research theme applicable to the work to be performed in the project narrative. The application will use the facilities and administrative rate (F&A or Indirect cost rate) associated with most recent CI award. If the application is selected for funding, NOAA will notify the university that a separate competitive award will be issued with its own award number. However, the competitive award will include a Special Award Condition (SAC) that evidences the link between it and the CI award. The SAC will provide (1) that the university has submitted the proposal to be associated with the CI; (2) that any existing University/NOAA MOA will be incorporated by reference into the terms of the competitive award, and (3) that any progress report(s) for the competitive award must follow the timetable of and be submitted by the CI directly to the funding program. Copies of these progress reports will be attached to the CI's performance report as an appendix.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher Policy Advisor
For application download issues only. [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fiscal Year 2015 NOAA New England Bay Watershed Education and Training Program
- • FY 2014 - 2015 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • NOAA New England Bay Watershed Education and Training (B-WET) Program
- • Environmental Literacy Grants for Spherical Display Systems for Earth System Science-Insta...
- • Environmental Literacy Grants for Formal K-12 Education
- • Opportunity SEC-OED-2009-2001648
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Accelerate R2 Network Challenge - FINAL
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs
- • 2020 Pacific Northwest Bay-Watershed Education and Training