FY09 Hispanic Physicians Leadership Development Initiative
The summary for the FY09 Hispanic Physicians Leadership Development Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY09 Hispanic Physicians Leadership Development Initiative: Racial and ethnic groups in the United States continue to experience major health disparities compared to the majority of the non-Hispanic white population. The health status of Hispanics and other underserved populations is a function of several factors including language barriers, insurance coverage, socioeconomic conditions, and access to health care. Although mortality is a crude indication of health status, it demonstrates the critical disparities that exist for racial and ethnic minorities. For some groups these disparities begin early in life and are sustained until death. For many racial and ethnic minorities, lacking health insurance creates a barrier to accessing basic health care and exacerbates chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer by delaying diagnosis and reducing effective disease management and treatment. Access to health care is a problem, not only for Hispanics, but also for non-Hispanic blacks, American Indians and Alaska Natives, who are second only to Hispanics in lacking health insurance.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY09 Hispanic Physicians Leadership Development Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||MP-MPC-09-012|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Agreements to Improve the Health Status of Minority Populations|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 10, 2009 No Ex|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 10, 2009 No Ex|
|Posted Date:||Aug 10, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 10, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Oct 10, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726 Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time email@example.com
Grants.gov Customer Support [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Implementing Public Health Programs and Strengthening Public Health Capacity in Guatemala ...
- • FY12 National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program II (NUCA II Program)
- • FY12 Eliminating Lupus Health Disparities Initiative (ELHDI)
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Eliminating Lupus Health Disparities Initiative (ELHDI)
- • National Umbrella Cooperative Agreement Program
- • HIV/AIDS Health Promotion Education
- • Community-Focused Initiative To Reduce the Burden of Stroke
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project