Federally-Recognized Tribes Extension Program
The summary for the Federally-Recognized Tribes Extension Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the CSREES, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Federally-Recognized Tribes Extension Program: The purpose of this program is to support Extension agents who establish Extension education programs on the Indian Reservations and Tribal jurisdictions of Federally-Recognized Tribes. In fiscal year (FY) 2009, funded projects will support one or more of the following selected Strategic Goals included in the CSREES Strategic Plan for FY 2007-2012: Strategic Goal 2: Enhance the competitiveness and sustainability of rural and farm economies; Strategic Goal 3: Support increased economic opportunity and improved quality of life in rural America; Strategic Goal 4: Enhance protection and safety of the Nations agriculture and food supply; and Strategic Goal 6: Protect and enhance the Nations natural resource base and environment.
|Federal Grant Title:||Federally-Recognized Tribes Extension Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||CSREES|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training Education Food and Nutrition Environment Agriculture Community Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-CSREES-SLBCD-001906|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Extension Service|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 05, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Nov 19, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Nov 19, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Feb 04, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,430,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,430,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may be submitted by 1862 and 1890 Land-Grant Institutions and the University of the District of Columbia. Institutions that were awarded four-year continuation grants for projects initiated in FY 2007 (University of Arizona - Navajo Reservation, Tuba City; University of Idaho - Nez Perce Reservation; Michigan State University - Bay Mills Indian Community, Hannahville Indian Community, Lake Traverse Band of Odawa Indians, Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians; and University of Minnesota - Fond du Lac Reservation and Leech Lake Reservation) will receive separate instructions regarding the awarding of funds in FY 2009 and should not submit applications under this RFA.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CSREES Help Desk
Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions related to preparing application content.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Military Spouse Licensure Portability Examination
- • Army Family Advocacy Program: Research and Prevention
- • Department of Defense (DoD) Teen Adventure Camp Program
- • Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness
- • Department of Defense Virtual Lab School (VLS)
- • New Technologies for Ag Extension Program
- • Iraq Agricultural Extension Revitalization Project
- • Assistive Technology Program for Farmers with Disabilities: State and Regional AgrAbility ...
- More Grants from the CSREES
- • Interregional Research Project #4 Minor Crop Pest Management Program (IR-4)
- • Secondary Education, Two-Year Postsecondary Education, and Agriculture in the K-12 Classro...
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- • Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program
- • Children, Youth & Families at Risk Sustainable Community Projects