Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
The summary for the Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements: The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Grant Program, 16 U.S.C. §§ 6401-6409, provides financial assistance through the Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements (FMCCRCCA) to the Regional Fishery Management Councils for projects to conserve and manage coral reef fisheries, as authorized under the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000. Projects funded through the FMCCRCCA are for activities that: 1) Provide better scientific information on the status of coral reef fisheries resources, critical habitats of importance to coral reef fishes, and the impacts of fishing on these species and habitats; 2) Identify new management approaches that protect coral reef biodiversity and ecosystem function through regulation of fishing and other extractive uses; and 3) Incorporate conservation and sustainable management measures into existing or new Federal fishery management plans for coral reef species. Proposals selected for funding through this solicitation will be implemented through a three-year cooperative agreement. The role of NOAA in the FMCCRCCA is to help identify potential projects that reduce impacts of fishing on coral reef ecosystems, strengthen the development and implementation of the projects, and assist in coordination of these efforts with Federal, state, territory or commonwealth management authorities and various coral reef user groups. Approximately $1,250,000 is expected to be available for FMCCRCCA in FY 2017. The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program anticipates that awards will range from $125,000-$500,000. Continued funding depends on future Congressional appropriations, NOAA/CRCP priorities, and successful recipient performance in the first year(s) of the award.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-HCPO-2017-2004978|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||September 2nd, 2016|
|Creation Date:||September 2nd, 2016|
|Archive Date:||February 4th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$125,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 2nd, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to the Caribbean Fishery Management Council, the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council, the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council, and the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Liz Fairey. She can be reached by phone at 301-427- 8632, by fax at 301-713-1594, by email at [email protected] or by mail at: Liz Fairey, NOAA Fisheries Office of Habitat Conservation, 1315 East West Highway, SSMC3, 14224, Silver Spring, MD, 20910.VIII.
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY14-16 CRCP Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery
- • Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery Management Plans
- • NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Grant Program/Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery...
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Accelerate R2 Network Challenge - FINAL
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs
- • 2020 Pacific Northwest Bay-Watershed Education and Training