Fragile X Syndrome Cascade Testing and Genetic Counseling Protocols
The summary for the Fragile X Syndrome Cascade Testing and Genetic Counseling Protocols grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fragile X Syndrome Cascade Testing and Genetic Counseling Protocols: CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a new funding opportunity entitled, Fragile X Syndrome Cascade Testing and Genetic Counseling Protocols. $250,000 will be available in FY2005 to fund one award. The purpose of the program is to develop and disseminate cascade testing and genetic counseling protocols for conditions related to changes in the Fragile X Mental Retardation 1 (FMR-1) gene, including Fragile X syndrome, Fragile X-associated Tremor/Ataxia Syndrome (FXTAS), and premature ovarian insufficiency and related fertility problems. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/AA097.htm. The estimated funding date is August 31, 2005.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fragile X Syndrome Cascade Testing and Genetic Counseling Protocols|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-AA097|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 17, 2005 Letter of Intent Deadline date is Ju|
|Posted Date:||Jul 18, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Jul 18, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Sep 16, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- A successful applicant must be an organization with a national scope of operations. Assistance will be provided only to a nationally-recognized, independent and objective source of credible information on genetic technologies and genetic policies for health care providers, genetics professionals, the public, media and policymakers.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section, Point of Contact, Phone 770-488-2700, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2