Fuels Management Youth Employment, Spokane District
The summary for the Fuels Management Youth Employment, Spokane District grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fuels Management Youth Employment, Spokane District: The BLM is interested in working with youth conservation corps crews to complete conservation projects that provide crew members with the opportunity to gain experience, learn about public lands, further their understanding and appreciation of natural and cultural resources, and pique their interest in natural resource careers. Young men and women who participate in the rehabilitation and restoration of our nation's natural, cultural, historic, archaeological, recreational, and scenic treasures will gain an increased appreciation and understanding of our public lands and of the value of public service, and are likely to become life-long advocates for those values. The objective of this project is to provide youth the opportunity to connect with the natural world through the completion of Fuels Management projects on Federal, State, County, and private lands in Washington State. The goal of these projects will be to provide youth with positive work experiences, develop work skills and a sense of personal responsibility, encourage a long term community service commitment, and create the potential for future employment in natural resource management.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fuels Management Youth Employment, Spokane District|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L14AS00054|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Fire Plan - Wildland Urban Interface Community Fire Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 17, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 17, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Mar 20, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Mar 20, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Mar 19, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Sheri Dowley, 503-808-6243
Fuels Management Youth Employment, Spokane
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM AK Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) Community Fire Assistance
- • BLM OR/WA Wildland Urban Interface Master Funding Opportunity
- • Arizona Wildland Urban Interface Community Fire Assistance
- • BLM Idaho Wildland Urban Interface Community Fire Assistance
- • BLM NM Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) Community Fire Assistance
- • Rural Fire Assistance (RFA)
- • Communties at Risk Program
- • Communities at Risk Program
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands