GLNF CESU: Identify Vernal Pools in Great Lakes National Pakrs
The summary for the GLNF CESU: Identify Vernal Pools in Great Lakes National Pakrs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
GLNF CESU: Identify Vernal Pools in Great Lakes National Pakrs: Vernal pools provide critical breeding grounds for many types of invertebrates and amphibians and their surrounding landscapes are important habitat for birds, bats, rare plants, and other organisms. Due to their small size, presence in forested uplands, seasonality, and variability, vernal pools are not often identified in wetland mapping projects. The goal of this project is to create an inventory of high quality vernal pools for species dependent on these rare and declining habitats. The information will contribute to the body of scientific knowledge, and inform conservation planning, management, and restoration of these habitats. Scientific community and/or researchers external to NPS will gain new knowledge provided through research and related results, and dissemination of natural resource information. Students gain real world hands on experience outside of the classroom of natural resource projects. The images collected will extend to adjacent lands/state lands/private trust lands that could use this information for their management planning.
|Federal Grant Title:||GLNF CESU: Identify Vernal Pools in Great Lakes National Pakrs|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-NOIP18AC00318|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 12th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 12th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||June 1st, 2018|
|Creation Date:||June 1st, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 12th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$211,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$211,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$146,873|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 1st, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS- This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities. Members of the Great Lakes Northern Forest Cooperative Ecosystem Unit- Michigan Technological University- THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Noel Miller
Grants Management Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area