Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program
The summary for the Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Justice Programs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program: The Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program provides funds to support the delivery of an anti-gang involvement, violence prevention and positive life-skills program to Middle School students. The approved, standard, 13-week curriculum may only be presented by sworn law enforcement officers, who have been certified to teach G.R.E.A.T. and in most instances is delivered in a school classroom setting. Upon verification of the delivery of the Middle School curriculum, grant funds may also be used to support an Elementary curriculum, Summer component and Families component.
|Federal Grant Title:||Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Justice Programs|
|Grant Categories:||Other Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BJA-2006-1237|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Gang Resistance Education and Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 02, 2006 8:00 p.m. EST|
|Posted Date:||Dec 14, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Dec 14, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Mar 04, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- Youth violence and gang involvement.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Helpdesk, GMS, GMS Helpdesk, Phone 888-549-9901, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Helpdesk, GMS
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Support to the Gang Resistance Education ...
- • Gang Resistance Education And Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program Regional Training Centers
- • Gang Resistance Education And Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program Training and Technical Assista...
- • Gang Resistance Education And Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program
- More Grants from the Office of Justice Programs
- • National Center for Building Community Trust and Justice: Improving the Justice System by ...
- • FY 2014 U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • OJJDP FY 16 Practitioner-Researcher Partnership in Cognitive Behavioral Mentoring Program
- • OJJDP FY 16 Juvenile Drug Courts Training and Technical Assistance Program