Genetic Susceptibility and Variability of Human Structural Birth Defects (R01)
The summary for the Genetic Susceptibility and Variability of Human Structural Birth Defects (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Genetic Susceptibility and Variability of Human Structural Birth Defects (R01): The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to support innovative applications that will inform our understanding of structural birth defects through the use of animal models in conjunction with translational/clinical approaches. Applicants are encouraged to take advantage of advances in genetics, biochemistry, molecular, and developmental biology to identify specific genetic, epigenetic, environmental, or gene/environment interactions associated with the susceptibility to and variability of structural birth defects in human populations. Applicants funded through this FOA will join the NICHD Birth Defects Working Group and participate in annual meetings designed to provide a forum to discuss research progress, exchange ideas, share resources, and foster collaborations relevant to the goals of the NICHD's Birth Defects Initiative.
|Federal Grant Title:||Genetic Susceptibility and Variability of Human Structural Birth Defects (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-17-236|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.113, 93.121, 93.865|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 5th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 5th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||March 29th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||March 29th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||December 11th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$499,999|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 29th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...