George M. OBrien Kidney Research Core Centers (P30)
The summary for the George M. OBrien Kidney Research Core Centers (P30) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
George M. OBrien Kidney Research Core Centers (P30): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites new and renewal applications for the George M. OBrien Kidney Research Core Centers to support both basic and clinical research on kidney disease. The goal of the O'Brien Kidney Research Core Center program is to make state-of-the art technologies and resources readily accessible to a broad spectrum of investigators who are pursuing studies in relevant topic areas. The emphases for this program are fourfold: (1) To attract new scientific expertise into the study of the basic mechanisms of kidney diseases and disorders; (2) To encourage multidisciplinary research focused on the causes of these diseases; 3) To explore new basic areas with translational potential; and 4) To generate Developmental Research (DR)/Pilot and Feasibility (P and F) studies which should lead to new and innovative approaches to study kidney disease. Information about the current George M. O'Brien Kidney Research Core Centers may be found at the following URL: http://www2.niddk.nih.gov/Research/Centers/CenterPrograms/.
|Federal Grant Title:||George M. OBrien Kidney Research Core Centers (P30)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-11-008|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 15, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 15, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 22, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jun 22, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Dec 16, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Addressing Health Disparities in NIDDK Diseases (R01)
- • Kidney Precision Medicine Project - Technology Development and Validation (R41/R42)
- • Kidney Precision Medicine Project - Technology Development and Validation (R43/R44)
- • Limited Competition for the Continuation of the Hepatitis B Research Network Clinical Cent...
- • Kidney Precision Medicine Project Recruitment Sites (UG3/UH3)
- • Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Diagnose Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- • Molecular Therapy Core Centers
- • Pilot and Feasibility Program in Human Islet Biology
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Research to Understand the Impact of Sex Differences on the Molecular Determin...
- • Circadian Mechanisms Contributing to Obesity, Diabetes Metabolism, and Underlying Heart, L...
- • Translational Bioinformatics Approaches to Advance Drug Repositioning and Combination Ther...
- • Understanding the Effects of ApoE2 on the Interaction between Aging and Alzheimers Disease...
- • Exosomes: From Biogenesis and Secretion to the Early Pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease (...