Grants to States for Loan Repayment
The summary for the Grants to States for Loan Repayment grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Grants to States for Loan Repayment: To provide grants to states to fund state loan repayment programs for eligible practitioners providing clinical services full time for a minimum of two years in Health Professional Shortage Areas.
|Federal Grant Title:||Grants to States for Loan Repayment|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-09-205|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Grants to States for Loan Repayment Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 20, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 20, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Feb 18, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Feb 19, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jun 30, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Specifically: This competition is limited to States that do not currently (FY 2007-2009) have an active SLRP grant with the Health Resources and Services Administration. Public Law 110-355, which became effective October 8, 2008, amended the definition of "State" (U.S.C. 254q-1(h)). The following are now eligible to apply for SLRP grants: the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, Palau, the Marshall Islands, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. The program operated with grant funds must be administered directly by a State agency.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CallCenter@HRSA.GOV CallCenter@HRSA.GOV
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA (877-464-4772);301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- • Affordable Care Act - State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care