Greater Atlantic Region Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Stranding and Disentanglement Equipment Grant
The summary for the Greater Atlantic Region Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Stranding and Disentanglement Equipment Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Greater Atlantic Region Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Stranding and Disentanglement Equipment Grant: The Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Program of NOAA's National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office (GARFO), Protected Resources Division (PRD), carries out the mandates of the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and the Endangered Species Act (ESA), and is charged with protecting the whales, dolphins, porpoises, seals and sea turtles that occur within the Greater Atlantic Region (GAR) (Maine through Virginia). This program includes marine mammal health and stranding response; large whale disentanglement; and sea turtle stranding and disentanglement. To implement this program NMFS established several networks consisting of volunteer organizations that it authorizes to respond to stranded marine mammals and sea turtles and entangled large whales and sea turtles. NMFS seeks the submission of proposals addressing the equipment and resource needs of partners from the GAR Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Stranding and Disentanglement Network and the Atlantic Large Whale Disentanglement Network in the Greater Atlantic Region. This document describes how applicants submit and how NMFS will evaluate and recommend proposals for funding in Fiscal Year 2016.
|Federal Grant Title:||Greater Atlantic Region Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Stranding and Disentanglement Equipment Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-GARFO-2017-2005043|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 16th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 16th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||September 9th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||September 9th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||December 16th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$20,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 9th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Due to their unique nature and program focus, eligible applicants for this grant competition only include those members of the Greater Atlantic Region Marine Mammal Response Network, the Atlantic Large Whale Disentanglement Network and the Greater Atlantic Region Sea Turtle Stranding and Disentanglement Network. These include: 1) for all priorities listed for the Greater Atlantic Marine Mammal Health and Stranding Response Program, eligible applicants include current stranding agreement holders and state agencies, and 2) for Priority 2 under the Large Whale Disentanglement Program, eligible applicants include current ALWDN advanced responders (Level 3 and above) and their agencies, and the PI must be an authorized advanced responder within the ALWDN. Eligibility for the Sea Turtle Stranding and Disentanglement Program are limited to organizations or agencies that are listed on the USFWS permit to the GAR STSSN and that are currently active in stranding or entanglement response or rehabilitation. Federal agencies or institutions are not eligible to receive Federal assistance under this notice.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lanni Hall, 55 Great Republic Drive, Suite 04-400, Gloucester, MA 01930, 978-282-8492, [email protected]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program)
- • Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
- • FY20 Bluefin Tuna Research Program
- • Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit Broad Agency A...
- • 2019 Bycatch Reduction Engineering Program
- • Protected Species Cooperative Conservation
- • Proactive Species Conservation Program
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Accelerate R2 Network Challenge - FINAL
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs
- • 2020 Pacific Northwest Bay-Watershed Education and Training