HIV Prevention Projects
The summary for the HIV Prevention Projects grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
HIV Prevention Projects: CDC's Procurement and Grants Office has published a funding opportunity announcement entitled, "HIV Prevention Projects." Approximately $ 293,000,000 will be available in fiscal year 2010 to fund 59 awards. The purpose of this FOA is to reduce transmission of HIV by supporting and improving the ability of public health departments to design, implement, and evaluate comprehensive HIV prevention programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||HIV Prevention Projects|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS10-1001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||HIV Prevention Activities_Health Department Based|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 05, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 05, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 18, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Nov 27, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$293,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||59|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to state and local health departments or their Bona Fide Agents currently receiving CDC HIV prevention funds under Program Announcement 04012: HIV Prevention Projects. This includes the 50 states, six cities (Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, and San Francisco), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. The United States Affiliated Pacific Island jurisdictions will be funded under a separate announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- PGO TIMS Phone 770-488-2700
Technical Information Management Section [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Secure Data Sharing Tool to Support De-duplication of Cases in the National HIV Surveillan...
- • Integrated HIV Surveillance and Prevention Programs for Health Departments
- • Use of molecular HIV surveillance to identify active HIV transmission networks and impleme...
- • Secretarys Minority AIDS Initiative Funding for
- • Secretary’s Minority AIDS Initiative Funding to Increase HIV Prevention and Care Ser...
- • Rapid Test Algorithms for Diagnosis of HIV Infection and Improved Linkage to Care
- • Expanded and Integrated Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Testing for Populations Disprop...
- • National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (U62)
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2