HIV Prevention in Zambian Communities
The summary for the HIV Prevention in Zambian Communities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Zambia USAID Lusaka, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
HIV Prevention in Zambian Communities: THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR APPLICATION (RFA): The United States Government, represented by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Zambia invites comments and suggestions on its Concept Paper for a program to design and implement grants directly with Zambian community based organizations with programs that are focused on reduction of HIV transmission in specific communities. It is envisioned the funding will be from an interagency USG/Zambia team (State, CDC and USAID). Eligible organizations are strongly encouraged to review the document, provide comment and consider submitting proposals in response to the resulting final solicitation. Comments are particularly invited on how results will be measured and specific associated incentives. The purpose of posting this Concept Paper is to enhance the quality of the final solicitation. Comments and suggestions received by the due date may be considered as the solicitation is finalized; however USAID is under no obligation to incorporate all comments or suggestions. One award is anticipated with sub-granting focus to local communities. The total planned funding for these activities over two (2) years period is $2 - 2.5 million. No information on competition, Instructions or Evaluation Criteria is available at this time. Subject to the availability of funds, the planned award shall focus on encouraging prevention of HIV in local communities and rewarding positive behavior. The award shall be performance based in order to achieve the targeted results. Comments are due by July 7th 2009 5:00 pm Zambia time.
|Federal Grant Title:||HIV Prevention in Zambian Communities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Zambia USAID Lusaka|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||611-2009-05-RFI-MODIFICATION-01|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 07, 2009 Closi|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 07, 2009 Closi|
|Posted Date:||Jun 19, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Sep 21, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 06, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Joseph Tembo Acquisition Specialist Phone 260211254303
Primary Contact [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Call for a pre-bid conference: FEED THE FUTURE BANGLADESH NUTRITION ACTIVITY
- • Call for Public-Private Alliance Concept Papers related to USAID/Senegal's Resilience in t...
- • RFI - Sri Lanka Media Support Program
- • RFI - Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity
- • Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Advancing Universal Health Coverage (UHC) in Banglades...
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Zambia USAID Lusaka
- • Integrated Family Planning & Reproductive Health Activity
- • Various Incentive-based Grant Opportunities and Rewards II
- • Zambia DISCOVER-H
- • USAID/Zambia Open Doors Project
- • District Coverage of Health Services