Hearing Impairment and Other Communication Disorders Associated with HIV/AIDS (RO1)
The summary for the Hearing Impairment and Other Communication Disorders Associated with HIV/AIDS (RO1) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Hearing Impairment and Other Communication Disorders Associated with HIV/AIDS (RO1): -Purpose. Research specifically investigating HIV/AIDS, communication, and communication disorders is limited, compounded by the fact that national databases do not specifically collect information pertaining to communication disorders experienced by persons living with HIV/AIDS. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) and the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), National Institutes of Health (NIH), solicits grant applications proposing research in hearing, voice, speech, language, balance, taste, and smell disorders in persons with HIV/AIDS. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) award mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||Hearing Impairment and Other Communication Disorders Associated with HIV/AIDS (RO1)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-129|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders 93.361 Nursing Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Dec 08, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 08, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 02, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Special district governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Small businesses For profit organizations other than small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) State governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities City or township governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Independent school districts
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...