Hepatitis C Cooperative Research Centers
The summary for the Hepatitis C Cooperative Research Centers grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Hepatitis C Cooperative Research Centers: The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), and the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) invite applications for the establishment of multi-project Hepatitis C Cooperative Research Centers (HC CRCs). The purpose of this RFA is to foster and stimulate high-quality, multi- disciplinary collaborative research that is focused on developing tools to prevent and cure hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and disease. The goal is to generate research findings that will be directly applicable, particularly to the development of vaccines and (immune) therapeutics. This RFA calls for new approaches for the rapid utilization and validation of research findings using a combination of basic, animal model, and clinical research approaches. The HC CRCs are encouraged to engage in early translational research so as to address hepatitis C public health needs. Together, the HC CRCs will form a consortium to: 1) conduct research of direct relevance to the objectives outlined; 2) foster interactions among established hepatitis C investigators; and 3) support Pilot Projects to evaluate new promising approaches related to this RFA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Hepatitis C Cooperative Research Centers|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Food and Nutrition|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-04-028|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Programs 93.848 Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 22, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Aug 09, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Aug 09, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Dec 22, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.855 -- Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...