High-Performance Computing for Science and Engineering Research and Education: Operations (User Support, System Administration and Maintenance)
The summary for the High-Performance Computing for Science and Engineering Research and Education: Operations (User Support, System Administration and Maintenance) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
High-Performance Computing for Science and Engineering Research and Education: Operations (User Support, System Administration and Maintenance): This solicitation seeks to support research and education in science and engineering that requires the use of high-performance computing systems by providing support for the operation of existing HPC systems. This solicitation is a competitive opportunity for institutions that have significant HPC systems with an expected useful life that extends beyond 2007 and which they wish to make available, through the TeraGrid, to the science and engineering community without restriction to discipline.
|Federal Grant Title:||High-Performance Computing for Science and Engineering Research and Education: Operations (User Support, System Administration and Maintenance)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||06-599|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Office of Cyberinfrastructure|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 28, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Aug 29, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Aug 29, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 28, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$28,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Universities and colleges: U.S. universities and two- and four-year colleges (including community colleges). Non-profit, non-academic organizations: Independent museums, observatories, research labs, professional societies and similar organizations in the U.S. associated with educational or research activities. FFRDC's affiliated with agencies other than the National Science Foundation are NOT eligible to submit a proposal to this competition.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org NSF grants.gov support
- Similar Government Grants
- • High Performance System Acquisition: Building a More Inclusive Computing Environment for S...
- • Data Infrastructure Building Blocks
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure - Network Infrastructure and Engineering Program
- • High Performance System Acquisition: Enhancing the Petascale Computing Environment for Sci...
- • Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure
- • Leadership-Class System Acquisition - Creating a Petascale Computing Environment for Scien...
- • Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure (SDCI)
- • Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure Program (STCI)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Faculty Early Career Development Program
- • Sedimentary Geology and Paleobiology
- • STEM + Computing Partnerships
- • Cyber-Physical Systems
- • Critical Techniques, Technologies and Methodologies for Advancing Foundations and Applicat...