Hispanic-Serving Institutions Assisting Communities
The summary for the Hispanic-Serving Institutions Assisting Communities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Hispanic-Serving Institutions Assisting Communities: To assist Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) expand their role and effectiveness in addressing community development needs in their localities, including neighborhood revitalization, housing, and economic development, principally for persons of low- and moderate-income, consistent with the purposes of Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. 5301 et seq.) as amended.
|Federal Grant Title:||Hispanic-Serving Institutions Assisting Communities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Education Housing|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-5300-N-28|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Hispanic-Serving Institutions Assisting Communities|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 07, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 07, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jul 08, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jul 08, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 08, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Nonprofit Hispanic-Serving Institutions that meet the definition of an HSI of higher education established in Title V of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1101), as amended. In order to meet this definition, at least 25 percent of the full-time undergraduate students enrolled in an institution must be Hispanic. In addition, all applicants must be institutions of higher education granting two-or four-year degrees that are fully accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Institutions are not required to be on the list of eligible HSIs prepared by the U.S. Department of Education. However, an institution that is not on the list is required to provide a statement in the application that the institution meets the U.S. Department of Education's statutory definition of an HSI as cited above. If an applicant is one of several campuses of the same institution, the applicant may submit a separate application for each campus. If applying for funding from separate campuses of the same institution, an applicant must have a DUNS number and use the DUNS + 4 digits to identify the separate campuses from the parent university, an administrative and budgeting structure independent of the other campuses in the system, and must meet the definition of an HSIAC as outlined above to be eligible to receive HUD grant funds (see the General Section). Only one application can be submitted per campus. If multiple applications are submitted from the same campus, all will be disqualified.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Applicants may contact Madlyn Wohlman-Rodriguez at (202) 402-5939 or Susan Brunson, at (202) 402-3852. Persons with speech or hearing impairments may call the Federal Information Relay Service (TTY) at (800) 877-8339. Except for the "800" number, these numbers are not toll-free.
Contact Person [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions Assisting Communities (HSIAC)
- • Hispanic Serving Institutions Assisting Communities
- • Hispanic Serving Insitution Assisting Communities
- • Hispanic Serving Insitutions Assisting Communities (HSIAC)
- • Hispanic Serving Institutions Assisting Communities (HSIAC)
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • 2019 Family Unification Program Notice of Funding Availability
- • Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities (Capital Advance)
- • Project Rental Assistance Program of Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disab...
- • Family Self-Sufficiency Program - Renewal
- • Resident Opportunity & Self-Sufficiency Program