Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program
The summary for the Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program: The Hispanic-Serving Institutions Education Grants Program (HSI) is competitive grants program is intended to promote and strengthen the ability of Hispanic-Serving Institutions to carry out higher education programs in the food and agricultural sciences. Programs aim to attract outstanding students and produce graduates capable of enhancing the Nation's food and agricultural scientific and professional work force.
|Federal Grant Title:||Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-HSI-006731|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 16th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 16th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||March 15th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||March 15th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||June 15th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$8,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 15th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may only be submitted by Hispanic-Serving Institutions. To be considered an HSI, institutions must have a minimum of 25 percent undergraduate full-time Hispanic enrollment. Failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the application deadline may result in the application being excluded from consideration and, even though an application may be reviewed, will preclude NIFA from making an award.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- FY '19 HSI RFA
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk
Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Hispanic Serving Institutions -- Education Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) Education Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) Education Grants
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions Education Grants Program
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA
- • Distance Education Grants Program for Institutions of Higher Education in Insular Areas (D...
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Pre-Applications
- • FY 20 and FY21 SBIR Phase I RFA